Monday, February 28, 2011

CSM Squad 1 Complete

Well everybody, I finally finished the first squad of CSM and got around to editing and posting the pictures.  I think I've left you all waiting long enough so without further adieu, here they are posing menacingly on a piece of homemade terrain.

The gang's all here.

Ceanup on aisle your pants.


One squad of 10 standard Chaos Marines including a sergeant with a power fist and terminator-style bolter mount magnetized to represent a standard bolter or any of the combi-weapons available.  The one in front with the chainsword and the icon bearer on the left have both arms magnetized so they can be equipped with any type of special weapon available and the icon itself is also magnetized so I can swap it out with any of the other icons of the various Chaos gods.  Here are a few more pictures of the special weapons marines and sergeant.

Say hello to my little friends.

The last thing you will see as they trample your corpse and move on to kill some more stuff.

It's just a jump to the left.

And a slide to the right.

Close-up of the Sergeant and magnetized bolter.

The other side of the bolter.  That little nubbin on the top is actually a magnet.


Hurray for options.  The barrel by itself is magnetized to attach to the nubbin to make a twin linked bolter.  The other options replace the top part and are pretty self explanatory.  Combi-goodness: 10 points.

Don't they look scary?  Overall I'm pleased with the results.  I'm sure there are a few things that could have been done better but that's always going to be the case.  This is the minimum standard that I will be holding myself to for the rest of my minis.  I'll make a separate post to go into the magnetized combi-weapon in more detail as well as show how to convert it from the standard setup to the terminator-esque gauntlet mounted style weapon.  WYSIWYG sticklers eat your heart out.  Please feel free to comment, make suggestions, tell me how much you hate/envy me, etc.  That's all for now, I hope you enjoyed.  Catch you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...