Monday, May 9, 2011

Community Spotlight: 'Tyracrons' from Musings of a Metal Mind

Group Shot
All pictures and credit goes to the author of Musings of a Metal Mind

Hey everybody.  Chaosheade here with another Community Spotlight article showcasing an inspirational example of a true counts-as army.  These 'Tyracrons' from Musings of a Metal Mind are not just another re-purposed MEQ proxy army, they are the real deal.  Painstakingly converted, expertly painted, and just plain scary looking, this army is masterfully done and a credit to our hobby.  More after the jump.


I don't remember how I came across this blog but it was before I had even considered building a Tyranid army so I saved it for M4X for some inspiration on his Necrons.  They are definitely inspirational and may very well have had an unconscious effect on my decision to pick up my bugs.  Here's more eye candy.

Tervicron, Doom of Malantai, Warrior, and Harpy

A trifecta of Tyrannofexen
Tervicrons close up
Harpies
Chronigants?  Termacrons?  Whatever they are called, nice Mycetic Spore Pod Tomb conversion.
Who knew that General Grievous was a Swarmlord?  The Shadow knows!
... yeah, I got nothing.

We are finally getting settled in to our new house and my man cave is almost fully armed and operational so I can get back to working on that soon.  Until then, be sure to check out all of the great work at Musings of a Metal Mind.  There is lots of other great stuff there aside from the Tyracrons and all of it is simply amazing.  This is Chaosheade signing off.  Catch you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...