|Not if I have anything to say about it! Chaosheade the Thrifty Heresiarch to the rescue!|
Hey everyone, welcome to the long awaited Kitbashed Plastic Zoanthrope modeling tutorial, A.K.A. the "I'm about to save you a @#$&load of money on Zoanthropes" tutorial. As you may know I am working on making a null deployment Tyranid army and that means I want to have some Zoanthropes. Being the thrifty gamer that I am, however, I have a problem with paying $25 per model for the 6-9 zoanthropes that I eventually want to have in my collection and I'm not going to even comment on the whole "Finecast" issue and the complaints you see all over the internet. I think that poor dead horse has seen enough abuse already.
Getting back on topic, I decided to try my hand at converting a zoanthrope using an assortment of plastic bits. The first attempt was decent but not great and had several areas that really needed some attention. The second version was a huge improvement over the first and will be the basis for all further conversions. In this post I will be converting my third zoanthrope and documenting the process to show you exactly how I made them and how much money I will be saving compared to buying them at retail prices. All right then, enough with the introductions, jumping right into it after the break.