Friday, September 30, 2011

Zoanthrope Conversion mk2 Complete

Translation: "And I'm spent."

Hey everybody, Chaosheade back again.   I finally completed the second zoanthrope conversion with many improvements over the first conversion and would like to share the finished product with all of you.  Pics and stuff after the jump.

Well, let's jump right to the good part.  I put together a pic that shows the finished zoey from different angles so you can see the whole thing.

I debated whether I wanted to keep the talons or switch to the smaller claws but in the end (after trying them both on for size) I decided to stick to my guns and keep the talons.  It might not be 100% canon but I like the look and in the end that's what really matters because it's my hive fleet.  Overall I am very pleased with the model and while there are a few things that I would like to change for the next conversion they are all very minor tweaks that are not really an issue.  I also just noticed that I forgot to file down the little glue bubble on the tip of the tail but that's an easy 2-minute fix.  And now for a comparison pic.

Left: first generation.  Right: much better generation.

I think that angle best shows how much improvement was made between the two conversions.  All the changes really made a huge difference.  Next I'll start getting to work on the third zoanthrope and put together that tutorial that I've been talking about.  That's all I have for today so thanks for visiting, have a nice weekend, and I'll catch you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...